– My focus is on cancer genetics, G.I. cancer genetics, particularly colorectal cancer. The most important thing is knowledge is power, and it is truly the case. We can do very little when cancers are advanced. Yet we can do a lot when we know about predisposition or early cancers.
– My interest, especially, is in celiac disease and children who have difficulty gaining weight. I think it’s a disease that we’re becoming more knowledgeable about. We hear about the gluten-free diet a lot, but about 1% of the population has celiac disease, where in the United States, about 28
The main patients that we see are difficult-to-treat ones, patients who have complex motility disorders, difficulty swallowing, complex reflux or heartburn that doesn’t respond to traditional therapies. A lot of the things we deal with are very personal things, so a lot of times I try and put myself in
– I really enjoy the combination between being a physician and having the privilege of also being a scientist, and if we make important progresses in the lab, that we could translate to the patients. Most of my focus right now is really to treat patients with liver disease. I
– So, pediatric infectious disease specialists treat infections. So, from the very common things such as ear infections, pneumonias, respiratory infections, bone infections, to the more severe infections, like brain infections, meningitis, My area of expertise is vaccines, so I spend a lot of time talking to parents about why
– The type of liver disease that I have been very interested in and my program is focused on is genetic defects that lead to liver damage and liver cancer and liver failure. In my program, we offer the entire repertoire of therapies for genetic liver diseases from liver transplantation
– I’m a pediatric general surgeon, which means that I basically operate from the nose to the toes in children from premature infancy all the way to pediatric surgical problems in adults. When you operate on a child, your goal is to return them to normalcy for the rest of
– I am the chief of bariatric surgery and I run a program that specializes in minimally invasive surgery. We treat patients for surgical weight loss. We also treat patients who have had complications with surgical weight loss. We treat hernias, both simple, routine, common, every day hernias and very