80 percent of your immune system is located in your digestive system. Understanding the association between food and the gut for increased immunity has become an important topic for overall health. We spoke with Brenda Watson, Author of “Heart of Perfect Health” we ask her about digestive balance and immunity.
– Do you remember the function of the pancreas? Remember the pancreas was that– it looks just like this. And it had the pancreatic duct that emptied into the duodenal papilla. So this is duodenum. Yeah, and there’s my duodenal papilla. And also coming in is the common bile duct.
(Acoustic guitar) – So, the digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid, with age, people go lower. After the age of 45 people stop producing, slow down in their production of hydrochloric acid. At the age of 65, I think 80% of people are not producing hydrochloric acid. Well, what do you need
– The esophagus might be the easiest part of the tube to identify. Check out this slide. Do you see a lumen? I can’t draw on this, but here is my lumen. Now, what are we going to expect to find next to the lumen? We’re going to expect to
– I’m going to actually draw you a picture of the histology of the stomach because there are a couple things about it that are kind of wild. First of all, probably the defining feature of the stomach, its primary role in digestion is mechanical digestion by smashing and smooshing,
Yeast overgrowth in the digestive system is a result of the gut bacteria being out of balance. And yeast begins to multiply because it likes sugar, and most people are craving sugar so yeast multiplies and they continue to crave sugar. The Skinny Gut Diet Program is designed to stop
Let’s learn about the digestive system. The digestive system consists of a long tube called the alimentary canal. The canal extends from the mouth to the anus and is about 30 feet long. The tube consists of 4 layers. There is an inner mucous secreting mucosal layer, a submucosa that
– Into the stomach we go. Now, I threw on my picture of, my big picture of your entire digestive tube, just so you could remember where you are. What you know is that, really, right about here– how did I end up– what happened? This right here, we actually
– I’ve got my pen. Now, we were in the stomach. We passed through the pyloric sphincter, and we are now in the small intestine. And there are actually three parts to the small intestine, and so I feel like it’s we should probably define those parts right away, so
hey everyone chances are you’ve landed on this video because you’re searching on how to keep your digestive system healthy I was searching the same exact thing because I had been feeling bloated and sluggish and I came across this awesome product by pure clean health that has really helped